Monday, March 16, 2015

Good to be back

I've been blogging on and off ever since I learnt about the concept. Most of my blogs were feeble half hearted attempts to earn money through Google AdSense (It sure is harder than what it looks like). Even though the content was based on things I found extremely interesting - Gaming, Dogs, Food, Renewable Energy - I could only write so much.
Now that I look back at things, I could have done a better job of keeping a record of my own thoughts and emotions. Any form of the written word - electronic or on paper - is an act of creation. Writing about my life, my thoughts and my experiences when I am 23 will be like starting a novel midway through. One keeps going back and forth, unsure of what to read and what not to.
Having a lot of time to myself has been a good thing. I've been reading a lot lately, and I have realised that putting down my thoughts on paper (figuratively) is an excellent excercise. A lot of us can relate to the fact that what we think and what we say are sometimes miles apart, and an attempt to convey the greatest of meanings through the least of words is a challenge. Providing abstract thoughts with a tangible form is like getting over the first phase of denial - and the self discovery in the process is its own reward :)

No comments:

Post a Comment